Monday, September 21, 2009

Our Family Ministry

Our family has been very honored and privileged to be able to have a family ministry that meets once a month to encourage and strengthen the Christian family. We do this as a family, working as a team, to be able to host such an event. Yesterday we had over 60 people in our home!



It all begins with a potluck first, we had 2 grills going and everyone brought loads of food.





Daniel led us in worship and did an excellent job as always---thanks, Daniel!




New and old friends showed up--it was so great to see each and every single one of them. Many people drive from out of city and state to join us.



Steve led the men and challenged them as leaders of their homes and to be godly men. Fathers and sons sat together listening, sharing, learning and sharpening one another as iron sharpens iron. And best of all, encouraging one another.



I led the women and encouraged them in their roles of wives and mothers. The title of our study was 'Deception and Discernment'. Many women shared how the world has deceived women today with lies and how we have to have discernment as Christian women. It was a great time of sharing God's truths. Here are some pictures of them afterwards when they broke off into pairs to talk and prayer for one another. Above are Lisa, Rhonda, Laurel and Kathy.



Diane and Michelle



Juliet and Sande--I missed getting a picture of Joselly and Meghan.



Janai, my daughter, shared with the girls a clip of the movie 'Return of the Daughters'. She also led a study encouraging the girls to walk with the Lord.



Children had fun playing, there were so many, this picture only shows a few!



We also had enough time to squeeze in a few games of volleyball.

It was a sweet day of fun and fellowship and we are so grateful to have the opportunity to spend time with other Christian brothers and sisters in Christ. If you live in the area, be sure to visit join us at our next HomeBuilders meeting!

See ya'll next time!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

What an awesome idea! May God bless your ministry!

alexis said...

What a beautiful ministry, right here in our home state of Indiana! My husband and I are intrigued...how can we become a part of your events? We live in washington, indiana, in the southern part close to kentucky. My husband was also curious about your ethnicity..it appears that your family is Latino. My husband is Peruvian, and one of the challenges he has found here is that the Latino coummunity doesn't accept his strong Christian beliefs, so he was encouraged greatly to see other Latino Christians! We are also considering homeschooling. We have a 9 month old son and a baby on the way in November, and I have a 5 year old son from my late first husband. Thank you so much for the encouragement, and I love your other blogs too! Alexis Vega

Mrs. June Fuentes said...

Dear Alexis,

We would love for you to join us! It might be a bit of a ride for you though. If you send me your email we will put you on the list when we send out the invitations.

My husband is Mexican and I am half Japanese. We have alot of Latino diversity in the group--Mexico Ecuador, Dominican Republic,and Puerto Rico.

My husband has a blog that your husband might enjoy called The Male Domain:

www.themaledomain.blogspot.com

If you are one Facebook we also send out event page invitations.

Hope that helps and thanks for inquiring! If you have anymore questions let me know, I can email you privately too.

Many blessings...

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Oh how I long that the women of England could do the same. Sometimes it feels as though I am alone...

Yvonne in the U.K

Deanna said...

I am hoping to lead the women in my small group on this same topic.....Deception and Discernment. Do you have an outline or something that you followed. I would love to hear more about it if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Thanks so much.

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

Oh how this post come along at just the right time. We used to be part of a weekly home group at our church and we persuaded the leader to make it more family inclusive - the children used to go off and play for the duration.We asked if our children could stay in for the worship, Bible study and prayer time and as a result the other children joined us. Just to hear our children praying for the sick people at church was wonderful. It transformed the group and did open the eyes of those adults that attended! Whenever the group met at our home we would centre the topic on family life and building the Christian home. I even dared to show clips from 'Return of the Daughters' and some of the people were very impressed to see such Godly young women. Sadly, the group stopped meeting this year as the church has been having lots more events based at the church. We are saddened to see the small groups taken out of the home and my husband and I have been discussing how we could start up a group in our home to minister to families. We desperately need it - we are losing young people, couples are getting divorced and we are just a small church. How we would structure this and 'sell' it to our pastor who is very approachable has been our main topic, he is very much into 'men need to be together', the women need each other to talk about 'women 's issues - we believe God has laid the desire on our hearts - to reach out to the whole family. I loved the idea of how you lead the women and the men meet together with your husband all on the same day in the same place! Our church has all the usual segregated events - the ladies Bible studies, men 's breakfasts and fishing trips - all on separate days meaning families lose valuable time together as their lives are made even busier by too many events. I have also realized we have the perfect home with separate spacious rooms and we have been building a pool with the idea of it being an 'oasis' for families and hospitality. Reading about your day together has given me much food for thought and I am excited - I will show my husband tonight when he returns from work. If you can offer me any advice I would be very grateful.
Thank you so much!
From Ann in Australia.

Mrs. June Fuentes said...

Hi Deanna,

Yes, I had an outline.

If you would like it, post your email in the comments section and I will email it to you personally.

Also, I will probably cover some of this on my blog 'A Wise Women Builds Her Home' as well.

Many blessings....

Mrs. June Fuentes said...

Dear Ann,

Sounds like you have the heart to minister to families.

Advice?

Okay.

1. Pray to the Lord.

2. Ask Your Husband to lead this.

3. Have an open heart and home and see how the Lord can mightily impact families through yours.

4. Have fun with it!

I'll be praying for you, let me know what you and hubby decided!

Many blessings...

Zimmersgirl said...

What a blessing for these families! I pray God really moves within your families and touches you each step of the way.

We have actually started a similar group within our church homeschoolers. We meet once a month at one of the families' house. This coming weekend will be our second gathering and we are looking forward to fellowship and worship with other families of like mind. :)

You just have to love how God is moving in lives and bringing families back together and toward Him. It's awesome to witness!